2022 Gender Violence in India report
The 2022 edition of our flagship report is out, curated by Kausumi Saha. The new GVR includes a section on intersectionalities of gender violence.
The Blue Pencil
A media watch project to monitor reporting on gender violence.
The GRIT@Prajnya Blog
Updates, research, blog symposia and other gender violence-related resources.
Prajnya 16 Days Campaign against Gender Violence
Curious about the Prajnya 16 Days Campaign against Gender Violence? Check out the campaign's page for campaign reports.
Gender Violence in India
Every year, Prajnya compiles public domain data around gender-based violence in India as a ready-reckoner for mediapersons and academics. This has become our flagship gender violence research project and is widely appreciated by users.
Prajnya Research Papers
- Farheen Nahvi, In the Shadow of Conflict: An overview of support services available to survivors of gender-based violence in Kashmir, plus a directory of resources,2022.
- Suchaita Tenneti, Curative Violence Against LGBT+ People in India: Key Issues and Perspectives, Rajaram Research Fellowship Paper, 2020.
- Kalpana Kannabiran, In the Footprints of Bhanwari Devi: Feminist Cascades and #MeToo in India, A Prajnya GRIT Working Paper, November 2018.
- Radhika Bhalerao, Perceptions of Heterosexual Intimate Partner Violence: A Study of College Students in Urban and Rural Maharashtra, India, GRIT Fellowship Paper, 2017.
Seminar and Consultation Reports
- Navigating Sexism in the Gaming Industry: A Report, compiled by Ojasvi Vyas and Maryam Nayaz, 2022.
- The Aftermath Review: A Report, compiled by Nafeesa Usman, 2021.
- Domestic Violence in Tamil Nadu During the COVID-19 Lockdown: A Summary of Accounts from the Field, 2021.
- The Gender Violence -- Health System Interface: Practices, Guidelines and Protocols, Report, by Ranjitha Gunasekaran, 2014.
- Digital Media and Gender Violence Colloquium: A Report, compiled by Nithila Kanagasabai, 2013.
- Exploring Masculinities in South Asia: A Forum Report, compiled by Nithila Kanagasabai, 2013.
- Making Numbers Count: A Gender Violence Tally: Seminar Report, 2012.
Resources and Guides
- Sexual and Gender-Based Violence against Women with Disabilities in India, created by Shanta Memorial Rehabilitation Centre, Bhubaneswar and Prajnya, December 3, 2020.
- Preventing Workplace Sexual Harassment, by Swarna Rajagopalan, 2017.
- Screening with Sensitivity:A Prajnya resource for television creative teams on how to depict and address gender violence onscreen, Second Edition, 2015.
- How to file an FIR, by Amba Salelkar, 2013.
- Screening with Sensitivity:A Prajnya Resource for Television Creative Teams, First edition, 2011.
- Five Simple Rules for Reporting Gender Violence, 2009.
Publications on Gender Violence by Prajnya Team members
- Gender Violence as Insecurity: Research Trends in South Asia, by Anupama Srinivasan, for the Global Consortium for Security Transformation, (New Voices, Number 9) 2011.