Peace and Gender Lunchtime Lectures, February 2022
Five days of introductory lectures on issues relating peace and gender. Register here
Zone of Peace Pledge
Take the pledge today at your school, college, office or club!
Let's fill the world with Zones of Peace!Email us to learn more
About the Education for Peace Initiative at Prajnya
“Since wars begin in the minds of men, it is there that we must construct the defences of peace.” UNESCO Charter
Public and educational outreach are part of the Prajnya mission and the Education for Peace Initiative (EPI) hosts Prajnya’s pedagogically-oriented projects. Its vision is to teach peace by fostering the learning of skills conducive to communication, healing, tolerance, reconciliation and interaction between people with divergent interests and creating capacity for the resolution of conflict and the creation of a sustainable peace.
Integrating Peace into Education
Prajnya’s initial peace education efforts centred on curriculum, classroom skills and extracurricular activities.
- Teachers for Peace
- Peace activities for children and youth
Peace and Disarmament Education
- Peace and Gender Lunchtime Lecture Series, held in February and September every year, in partnership with Sansristi, Bhubaneswar.
- The Disarmament Toolkit, to be held in July 2022, in partnership with the UN Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Asia and the Pacific.
- Preamble Education Series
- Citizenship for Democracy
We have a small list of original research publications and a dedicated blog,"The Peace Blog."
Preamble Education Workshop, January 2020